Saturday, July 3, 2010

Florida Finally!

We've made it to Florida! My Mom helped me and the kids drive out, we left Wednesday morning and finally made it to Florida late Friday night. Kurt was able to take Monday off of work so we all headed down to the beach. IT WAS GREAT!!! The water was so warm it was around 85 degrees.  The kids had a great time swimming, building sand castles and finding sea shells.

Kurt had a nice time too napping in between swimming. He made sure not to get burned, we'll have to invest in some shade.


This last picture is a shell that I found. There was still some sort of animal in the shell, we were trying to get a picture of it. We left it sitting out in the sun with some of our stuff hoping the animal would abandon the shell. When we came back from swimming the shell was gone. I don't know if someone took it or if it got up and walked away.
Over all it was a great day at the beach.
P.S. Thanks to my GREAT Mom for helping us drive out! We couldn't have done it with out you!

1 comment:

Zac and Brook Halford said...

I am glad to hear that you arrived safely. I hope this is a great season in your lives to grow closer together, and the year around summer won't hurt at all :)