Friday, September 3, 2010

FIRSTS

We've gone through some firsts since in the past week. First on Monday Aug. 23 was Daxton's first day of Kindergarten and Jade's first day of Preschool. Daxton is gone from 8:30 - 3:00 Mon-Fri. It leaves the house very quiet. Jade has preschool Mon-Fri from 9:00 - 12:00. That is the perfect time. It lets me really get things done around the house.



Also Daxton had his first lose tooth and while wiggling it Friday night it fell right out. He was so surprised! But he has decided to keep the tooth forever and not let the tooth fairy take it. He will let her take the next one that falls out. What a pack rat! I think he gets it from his Holyoak Grandparents (it couldn't be his Mom, she moves to often to hoard anything).
 

We got a good picture of the hole the tooth left, but right after I took this picture Kurt wanted to take one with his phone. Apparently the feeling of missing a tooth was very weird for Daxton. We asked him to smile and he just pressed his lips together trying to smile. We said smile with your teeth, as soon as his lips parted his tongue was out of this mouth and we could not see the missing tooth. I even tried to just hold his lip down like he did for my picture, but he held his lip so firm I couldn't pull it down. It was so funny, Kurt and I were laughing so hard as he tried to figure out how to smile with a missing tooth!

No comments: