Thursday, August 7, 2008
Employed
Around mid July, Jasmine and I took over as managers of the Huntridge Plaza Apartment complex. We live on site and have 24 units to manage. Thus far I have put in most of the hours with the understanding that when I find other employment Jasmine will assume full control (which is what she wants. Power, authority, and dominion over others.) I had applied for a position at a new boys ranch. A place of youth with substance abuse problems with the idea that I would pursue a masters in this field and live happily ever after. They had many construction delays so they kept putting off hiring their staff. I waited week after week with them continually telling me that they would let me know the next week. While this was happening I was approached about starting a Farm Bureau Insurance office in Moab, thank to Nate Janes who I played ball with back in the day. As I was deciding if that is what I wanted to do, I was offered the Job at the boys ranch. What to do, what to do? Does anyone have any suggestions? If you do I hope it is headed towards the insurance business because about an hour ago I called the boys ranch and turned down the job. It look like I am going to become an insurance agent for Farm Bureau (assume I pass the background check). There is our latest news. Our lives are good and we are happy-most of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
hey kurt, this is random but i keep up on your blog with google reader but never comment. well i was shocked to read about you looking into farm bureau and brought it up with coby and he said he'd already talk to you. just from a wife opinion it's the best job in the world. so i think it was a wise choice :) and if you need any help or advice give coby a call, we just spent a week helping his old missionary companion get going in st.george. you'll do great- good luck on the tests!
I would have gone with the Boy's Ranch.. but whatever!
R u guys coming up for the fair?
Post a Comment