Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Fun, Long Week!

What a week we had! Thursday the 16th we took the kids down to St. George for a fast pitch softball tournament Kurt was in. Kurt's brother Ryan and two of his kids, Isobella and Jacob, met us in St. George. We were able to stay in a house owned by family for free, always great! Friday we went to a fun complex called Fiesta Fun. We started out with miniature golf, little kid go-karts, batting cages, and pizza to finish off a great afternoon.




Did I mention that I won miniature golf!!! That's right I beat both Ryan and Kurt, and unfortunately for Kurt I haven't let him forget it :)

The go-karts just had a button to push for the gas but Jade couldn't understand to keep the button held down, she kept pumping the button so I had stand on the back and hold the button for her while she steered.

Kurt hitting in the batting cages trying to get ready for the fast pitch games.

Saturday we spent the whole day at the ball park. Kurt's first game was at 9:00 a.m. He then had a game at 11:00, 2:00, and 4:00. Luckily the weather was beautiful and the kids were great. Daxton brought all of his baseball gear and played baseball by himself (or with any other kid who would join him) the whole day. Jade just played with her barbies, she is such a little girl. Kurt played well for the tournament. He had one amazing catch in his third game. He was playing right field, the batter hit a fly ball up the right foul line. Kurt started running to catch the ball but was going to be just short. So Kurt laid out and caught the ball! Then rolled over, sat up and threw the ball to second from the ground. What a MAN!!! He had a great time, but I think 4 games in one day is too many, he was pretty sore!

We drove home Sunday morning. Monday morning Kurt and I left for a property management conference in Colorado Springs. We had meetings all day Tuesday and Wednesday then drove back home Thursday. We didn't get to do much because we were in meetings most of the day, but we were put up for three nights in a motel that cost $349.00 a night! We also got money to pay for all of our meals, mileage and gas for the trip. But I am glad to finally be home!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for letting us hang with you guys, we had a fun time. Jasmine just so you know Kurt paid me 5 bucks to let you win.

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Glad you guys enjoyed good ol' STG I love living down here. Just wondering, we're trying to figure out a fun surprise for my Dad's 50th and he really liked Moab. We were thinking of planning a 4 day trip there, but it wouldn't be until the end of November. (yeah, we plan ahead) What is the weather like in November?