Tis the season to send out Christmas letters updating family and friends of the years events. Please save yourself the hassle, we have been stalking your facebook page. I am only joking, sort of.
I do look forward to receiving Christmas letters. Everyone's letters are so funny and well written. With out fail, I always tell myself that next year, I am going to write a Christmas letter. Not only do I plan on writing a Christmas letter, I plan on writing the most articulate, humorous, and dazzling letter you have ever received. The mental version of my letter blows your socks off. Unfortunately, the years go by and I never get around to composing such a master piece. This year I have decided to scale my expectations for myself down a notch and provide you with my take on this year, all in about 10 minutes or so.
The first half of our year was spent living in Moab. We absolutely loved our time being so close to Jasmine's family. It was also great to be close enough to my family that we were able to attend most every get together. The one thing that we have come to love and appreciate during our years away, is time spent with family. Nothing can compare. Half way through the year our lives took a dramatic twist that landed us in Florida. There has been speculation as to why we moved, vicious rumors like Jasmine's family could not tolerate me anymore (which is not true, they adore me) or that Daxton had too many girls chasing him around the school yard. The fact of the matter is that Jasmine was the first from the younger generation to win the treasured Screwy Louie Trophy. The jealousy amongst the older family members was more than we could bear. We had to get as far away as we possibly could.
We find ourselves in Leesburg, Florida. I began my job with Simon Property Group in June. I am in a training position and will be relocated sometime within the next year. We are excited to see what the upcoming year will hold for our family.
Since moving to Florida we have taken full advantage of the many wonders the World of Disney has to offer. Jade and Daxton both love the thrill of the rides, the faster and higher the better. Jasmine and I are going to have to toughen up to keep up with these two adrenalin junkies. We have loved having family come out and share in this experience. We have found living in a fun place makes you more loved by the many who want to come visit.
Daxton and Jade are doing great in all aspects of life. They love going to school, church, and being home as a family. I use to wonder what it was going to be like being a Dad. I don't know that I ever came to a conclusion, but I do know that I never could have imagined how wonderful it is. I have been so greatly blessed. As you probably already know I am a pretty awesome dad, or so I am told.
Jasmine is as amazing as ever. She has been such a great supporter. For those who have not heard we are expecting another child. Jasmine is beginning to show ever so slightly, you know that point where you can't really tell if she is pregnant or if she has just gained a few. With that said, she is more beautiful than the day I met her. We are very excited about the new addition. Her due date is June 11th.
I want to wish all of our family and friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your lives be as full of love, happiness, and fun as we have been blessed to have.
Stay tuned for my next post sometime between now and 2012.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Way to go Kurt. You halfway made your goal of sending out Christmas lettes! Congratulations on the new babe.
Are you going to find out if it is a girl or a boy? I'm glad you are enjoying Florida. I am definitely jealous for my boys. Especially after seeing "the real Spiderman". Good luck with things!
Post a Comment