Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis' the Season...

Over the weekend our family went up to Salt Lake for a Christmas party with Kurt's family. It was a lot of fun, the kids love playing with their cousins. Saturday we had a lot of fun things planned for the families to do, but my favorite was our service project. It was a great idea. All of the Webb families donated money (whatever they could). It ended up that each child got $25.00. Then we went to the grocery store and each child got to pick out $25.00 worth of food. Then we took it to jiffy lube (a food bank drop off) who actually matched everything we brought in. It was a lot of fun and great for the kids to feel like it was their money they were spending on someone else. Although I had to help convince Jacob (3 yrs old) that ice cream and milk wouldn't work. But I thought it was a great holiday service project that any family could do. Sorry no pictures of the weekend, I was charging my camera batteries and left with out them. oops!

No comments: