Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Indoor Soccer

It has become a tradition for our family to go each week and play indoor soccer at the church. It is a ton of fun. We play adults against the children. So as adults we have Kurt and I, my Aunt and Uncle Jimmy and Wynette Hawks, my Aunt and Uncle Steve and Jaylyn Hawks, and my brother-in-law Levi Mallory. For the children we have Athena Hawks, Derek Hawks, Joseph Hawks (all of whom are on varsity high school soccer teams) Caleb Holyoak (who is a freshman and will be trying out for the high school soccer team) then Justin Hawks, Tierra Hawks, Jameson Hawks (who is only 7 but is way better than me, that little boy has great foot work) and than Aaron Hawks (who is a great goalie, he just stands in the goal and blocks 90% of the shots). We all have a great time and actually the teams are quiet even. I have never considered my self "athletic" (complete opposite of Kurt who is so athletic he is great at everything he does) but even I have scored a fair amounts of goals (as well as miss a fair amount of goals) And even my Aunt Jaylyn had a great header this last game! What a woman!

P.S. We MISS you Jess!!!

2 comments:

Jessica H said...

That's so much fun!! I love that you guys are keeping up the tradition of playing, and I can't wait to play when I get back! (Even though we may be outdoors during the summer rather than indoors, but who knows?)

nettie said...

I love this tradition. I hope it is ongoing too!